Summer break went by so fast!
All of a sudden, it was August again, and on the 13th was
the 1st grade sneak peek. We went and met his teacher, saw his classroom,
and had all of our questions answered.
I was not super excited about school starting again already, but Aiden sure was!
This kid loves school.
We had one more free day after the sneak peek, and then school started officially on the 15th.
I dropped him off, more for me than for him. He would rather have ridden the bus.
I walked him up to the school, made sure he remembered where he was supposed to line up
when the bell rang, and then he said "ok mom, you can go now". So I did.
Before I got too far away, I remembered that I hadn't taken a "first day of school" picture,
so I made him pose for me. This is his "I'm much too busy for this" fake smile.
It's hard to put into words how I feel about my boy being in first grade. All day school. He leaves at 8:15, and gets home at 3:45. He's at school for seven and a half hours, and home for four before it's bedtime. It kind of breaks my heart. On the other hand, for the first time in her life, Capri gets quality one on one time with her momma, that Aiden got for so many years. She and I are already so much closer than before, because we get that time. I just feel bad that Aiden is absent for our quality time!
Aiden's loving his teacher, he really likes riding the bus, and he is thrilled that he gets to eat lunch at school every day. I love him so so much.
1 comment:
Tomorrow he'll be leaving for college, the next day - a mission. Get ready!!
Post a Comment