Tuesday, May 15, 2012

little miss turns two

Capri's second birthday was so much fun!

I took her in for her two year check up the week before she turned two officially,
and she got a couple shots, but they weren't too horrible.
 Of course she screamed like a drama queen, but she got over it quick.
She now weighs 25 whole pounds, and is 33inches tall. She's right around the 30th
percentile for everything, and is staying right on her growth curve. Still has her awesome
umbilical hernia, but the doctor still wants to wait till around Kindergarten age to fix it surgically.
Which I am fine with!

My parents came to town for the weekend, and got to hang out with us for a couple of days.
Lucky them!

Capri opening her present from my mom and dad.


She got a cute tutu and fairy wings which she loved, two cute outfits,
some shoes and sunglasses. She was pretty spoiled!

She thinks she's pretty funny in sunglasses!


The next day was Sunday, and after church and my parents had gone home,
we let her tear into her other presents from us.

We got her her very own backpack, since she loves to wear Aiden's so much.




And I made her this darling little robot doll that I saw on Pinterest and just had to make.

It was a lot of work, but it was worth it.
Don't look too closely or you'll see all the mistakes!


 My aunt made this cake for a friend of hers, which she found on Pinterest,
and as soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make it for Capri. It was so pretty!
Also a lot of work, but also worth it!

And she loved every bite.






 We had the neighborhood over to help us eat the cake and ice cream,
and it was lucky we did. We never would have been able to finish it by ourselves.
It was so fun to hang out with friends as well!


 She was pretty happy and easy going most of the night,
but she must have had a sugar crash right about here.
Best picture of the night right here.

My little Capri. What can I say about here? Where do I even start?
I thank my Heavenly Father every day for blessing us with her. She can be the sweetest
little thing you've ever met, and then turn around and throw the biggest tantrum you've ever seen.

She loves to play outside, she loves to swing and go down the slide, and run away from me.
She will not play on playgrounds, because we're pretty sure she has a fear of heights. So if we carry her up to it, she will go down the slide. Otherwise she is keeping her feet on the ground.

She doesn't like to watch tv much, which is fine by me, but she does love and will sit through an entire episode of Shaun the Sheep. She starts to giggle the second it's turned on. She loves it.

She's a bit of a bully, but we're working on reigning her in. She goes to time out a lot during the day,
and she knows the sign for "sorry" well. She also signs "more" and "please" and "thank you" when prompted. She still refuses to ever try talking, but we hope she'll start soon.
She says about five words. Mom, Dad, No, Uh oh, and Don't. She jabbers all day long, but she does not speak English. I would pay an interpreter if we had any idea what language it is she speaks.

She wakes up talking, whether it's from a nap or just in the morning. If she wakes up crying it's because she's still tired and isn't ready to wake up yet.

She still uses a binky and I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of it and live to tell about it.

She loves her brother fiercely, and honestly feels bad when she hurts him.
(Which happens more than you might think.)

She's short and petite and mostly just super tiny, but she has this belly
that gets bigger throughout the day that I just love!

I love every little bit of her, and I'm so thankful she's mine forever.

6 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Oh, my heart . . .

Moab Cozzens said...

Oh! and very cute cake - looks yummy!

Trisha said...

She's so cute! Her little tutu and fairy wings are adorable :)

tylerandtia said...

Oh she is soooo cute! I can't believe she is already 2!!

the packard family said...

Jill you are amazing! That little robot you made is adorable! Those kid-o's are so lucky to have you as their mama!

Chelle said...

Such a sweet little girl. I agree, the little tummy is darling.