Monday, May 14, 2012

we're thirty! (well, most of us..)

A couple of weeks ago we drove to Salt Lake to see some old friends.

In high school, everybody hung out in different groups. I had several close friends, and even a lot of good acquaintances that I hung around with, but I never really had a specific group. I had friends from several different groups, but I never really felt a part of any specific group.

Until I started dating Kenny. He was part of the best group, in my opinion, and because we were dating, I got to hang out with them too. They are funny, smart, and clever. And no matter how long it's been since the group has been all together, when they get together, it's not at all awkward.

This year we are all turning thirty. (Yikes!!) So, we all got together for a picnic in the park, to hang out and visit and spend some time. The group is scattered all over Utah, from Cache Valley all the way down to Southern Utah, and one guy even lives in Oregon now. It was pretty lucky that everyone was able to come, and it was SO FUN to see everyone. We were sad when it was time to leave.





Jordan and his wife brought a birthday cake, and let the kids blow out the candles.

By the time they got the last candle lit, the first ones had melted across the cake. 


Yum! Runny wax.





The kids pretty much ran wild on the playground while the adults visited.


The kids all got along really well too, with the exception of Capri of course.
There always seems to be someone Capri likes to pick on, and this day it was Daphne,
who is closest in age to Capri.


This is the whole group of us, including kids. From left to right: John, Ken (who did not bring his cute wife), Jordan, his wife Jaicee, and their kids Naivee, Norah, Daphne and baby Clayton. Then there is Paul (whose wife and baby were at home in Oregon), Kenny, Me, Aiden and Capri. Then Heather and Charles and their cute boys Andy and Dallin. Such a fun group!


Capri and Daphne were playing together pretty much the whole day, and I was watching Capri like a hawk because she kept randomly pulling Daphne's hair, or pushing her down. What is that about anyway? They'd be playing so great and being so sweet one minute, then Capri would suddenly yank her hair. I don't know what to do with my girl...
 

But this was one time that they were being super sweet and just hanging out together.


I'm sorry, but I may never tire of photographing my sweet girl in the swing.  


She is just too cute! And she loves swinging so much.


She loves to either hang her head back, or lean (hang) over the front of the swing. This is when her smiles and giggles are the biggest. I love it!




I had to hunt Aiden down to take this picture of him, because he was playing with kids every second of the day, and was not available for photographs. Funny kid. His ideal situation is being at a park or playground with multiple kids his age. So basically, he was in heaven.

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

Yeah, that kid does not have our introvert genes - lucky guy :)