Sunday, March 25, 2012

a day at the airport-Moab style

Aiden's spring break was March 12th-16th, and we had no plans of any kind,
So the kids and I headed to Moab. It worked out well for everyone, because we hadn't been
to Moab since Christmas and were really missing family,
plus it gave Kenny the opportunity of going fishing as much as he wanted, whenever he wanted.
That's kind of his dream. Except he still had to go to work during the day.

I didn't even take my camera out until we had been there for a few days already,
but on Friday we headed out to the airport to see uncle Garrett flying in. Garrett has his private pilots license, and hadn't flown since he got back from his mission, so we went to see him land.

We headed out, and had a little while to wait before he got in, so we were busy entertaining the
kids and keeping Capri out of the road. It's harder than it sounds, she seems to be magnetically drawn to them! Aiden was chasing her around, and it turned into a funny game of running back and forth.


I love so much that they have fun with each other. They bring each other complete joy, and I love it. 


She thinks she is so funny.



We had her running for quite a while, cause as soon as that stopped she'd head for the road.
But she was happy as could be just running back and forth!


Aiden had to have a turn too. He loves to have me take pictures of him,
and then come look at the picture. He always makes "funny faces" to see what he looks like.
It's pretty lucky he doesn't have a totally weird smile on his face.

After a while, we saw uncle Garrett flying in. We were pretty sure it was him anyway,
and it turned out it was. Yay! There wasn't anyone manning the airport to tell us when they would be
there, and who was coming.


This little tiny airplane reminded me of the one on The Gods Must be Crazy 2. If you haven't seen it,
I suggest you go watch it right now. It's on instant play on Netflix. You won't regret it!


Aiden got to climb in the plane and sit in the pilot's seat. That's what's so great about little tiny airports. And knowing someone awesome that works at one!


He totally loved it! What a fun night.

It was actually kind of a bittersweet day, because this was also the day that Kenny's little sister
Brittney, was diagnosed with cancer. It was weird to be there with Kenny's family as they were going through this crisis, but Kenny wasn't there. There's something about a family member being in a crisis situation that makes you want to be with the people you love most. We love Brittney, and will be praying for her daily. She has a long hard road ahead of her, but she has such a great attitude, and the best fighting spirit I've ever known anyone to have. She can beat it, and we will be there every step of the way with whatever support we can offer.



2 comments:

Chelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Brittney, she will be in our prayers too.

Trisha said...

I'm so jealous your kids play so well together. That, for the most part, does NOT happen here! I'm so sorry to hear about Kenny's sister, she'll be in my prayers.