Monday, August 22, 2011

kindergarten

Aiden has been counting down to this day since pre-school graduation. I was good and got up early to shower so that we could be on time, as well as get breakfast and get the kids dressed before it was time to go. Aiden was just ready to be there. He wanted to walk in by himself, but I insisted on walking up with him for the first time.

He'd really love to ride the bus, but I'm not quite ready for that. Maybe next week. I'm sure it'll make a great post if that happens.


I dropped him off, and as soon as we got there he found two of his friends from the neighborhood, and one that was in his pre-school class. After they played on the playground for a few minutes the bell rang and they all lined up in their individual classes. They waved goodbye, and I had to leave so that Aiden didn't see tears...


He was happy as I picked him up too, and I just can't get over how grown up he looks.


He told me on the way out about his frog that he earned. He said "I got one, but not everybody did." I asked him what he did to earn it, and he said that his teacher said that he was so good, and was good at listening and not talking. I couldn't be more proud.

When Aiden got home from school, Capri was asleep. Then when Capri woke up from her nap, Aiden was asleep. So when Capri finally saw Aiden and got to play with him, she literally mauled him with kisses and hugs. It was so cute, and it was clear how much she missed him while he was gone. This was the best picture I could get of the cute reunion. If she's as ornery every day as she was today, it's going to be a long school year.




A bittersweet day. That's the best way to describe it.

5 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Another rite of passage . . first day of school.

The Johnsons said...

What a brave little boy. We start Wed, and I sure hope Paeton is as brave as Aiden :)

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I cried just thinking about next year with Lydia. He will do great he is such a great kid.

The Odd Couple said...

Oh how cute! Teachers love kids that are excited to be at school...the crying ones make the first few days so difficult!

Ashley F. said...

I know just how you feel. I have a picture of the back of Ky going in the kindergarten doors, he wouldn't even look back at me because he was sooo excited. Now he's in 2nd grade. Dallin starts kindergarten on Tuesday and Matt went to preschool today. This is weird...I must be getting old :)