Saturday, August 20, 2011

carnival

We were so excited for the County Fair. Kenny and Aiden had tickets to the demolition derby on Saturday (which they loved), there was going to be a carnival, as well as other typical fair type stuff. (Prize pumpkins and radishes and that type of thing...)
We went out the first day (Wednesday) to hang out at the carnival. That was a lucky move, because on the first day only tickets were half price for the rides. And if we had paid full price for what turned out to be totally lame rides, I would have been really sad. The first thing we did was ride the ferris wheel. It would have been way more fun if I wasn't worried about the whole thing crumbling in a rusty heap. Aiden loved it though.









I don't know what it is about carnivals that make you want to pay ridiculous prices to try to throw things into other things, in order to win something you would never really want in the first place. We resisted, and I was so proud. Doesn't mean I wasn't tempted to try though.






Aiden LOVED the carnival. He didn't seem to notice that there were so many people it was hard to move. Or that he had to wait in line for an hour to ride half of the rides he did. Or that Capri was cranky.


This may have been the coolest ride there, that kids could ride. It was a circle. And went up and down. Lame. But again, Aiden had fun and that was all that mattered. We went home tired and hungry.

I'm sure that by the next time the carnival comes to town, I will have forgotten about how lame they are, and I will be excited again. It's a vicious circle.

1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

I LOVE County Fairs. I wish we still had one . . .