Aiden had his first day of school today *sniff sniff*.He was signed up to start pre-school in September, then last week his teacher called to say that she was doing a summer school session, one day a week for eight weeks and would I be interested? I was. She didn't really have to sell me on it, but she did anyway.
I don't really know who was more excited, me, Kenny or Aiden. After I told Kenny I had signed him up, he ran to Wal-Mart after Aiden was in bed to get him his very own Aiden-sized back pack, pencils, and a pencil sharpener (which every three year old needs :). I was mostly just excited for him to be able to get out of the house, even just for a little bit each week. For him, or course, not for me. Aiden was excited to go, but he was even more excited about when I came to pick him up. He told me all about his day, all that he learned, and then he told Capri everything all over again.
He absolutely loved it, and can't wait to go back. I'm having a hard time getting him to understand that it's only once a week! And I'm having a hard time understanding how he got SO big and SO old right under our noses.
4 comments:
It was on days like this one that I used to wish there was a pill you could give your kids that would freeze them at the age they were right then. Forever. That wouldn't be fair, of course, but I still had that wish once and a while.
School days are the funnest. He is going to love it.
How fun! He'll do so well in school. He's always so willing to learn new things. What a cute kid.
NOOOO!!!... I don't want my little girls to grow up! *sniff*
That is a dang good picture of Aiden, BTW.
Post a Comment