Thursday, June 10, 2010

weekend getaway

This last weekend we wanted to get out and do something-anything-before life started again. This was my last day off before I had to go back to work (which really sucks with a three week old baby, FYI, but I'm not complaining :) ). Our original plan was to head to Zions and go hiking, but then we remembered our cute little baby girl is only three weeks old, and hates the sun, wind, weather, etc. So instead we headed to Kolob Reservoir, a beautiful lake we have heard a lot about, but we've never been. Kenny wanted to do some fishing, and I just wanted to get out of the house. Turns out, it was a windy day, and with a baby that hates the wind, it was a little miserable for all but Kenny. BUT on the way up the mountain I had seen this huge field of weeds, and the color was so pretty, so we stopped on the way home to take some pictures.
Poor Aiden, he hated being in the weeds in the first place, and then having the responsibility placed on him of holding Capri without dropping her, and oh wait, support her head!! It was too much for him. This is the only half way decent shot we got of the two of them. At least they both aren't screaming in this one!! (Are we bad parents??)
Overall, a good day. For me, that was just because after we got home, Kenny went and got us dinner from Cafe Rio!!

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

He looks like he's holding her so haphazardly! I think you're brave parents :)

Knutson Family said...

Jill, you remind me of ME with the picture taking. But if my girls aren't in the mood for pictures, you can just forget about it. Norah would have just dropped the baby and walked off ignoring me completely.