Thursday, April 9, 2009

a man day

I realize it's Thursday, and I'm just now getting to posting about the weekend, but forgive me. Blogging doesn't seem to be my #1 priority, but I still want to get it documented. This is my journal, after all.

Saturday I had to work, and while I slept in, Kenny and Aiden spent the day doing manly things. They headed to Home Depot to get stuff for our new backyard garden, and there just happened to be a class starting right then for kids. They stayed for the class, and Aiden had a great time. They built this cute little bird house/feeder. They even gave Aiden this adorable apron--MANLY apron of course.

Since I missed the whole thing, because I was sleeping, I waited till Aiden woke up from his nap so I could snap a couple of photos of him in his apron with his bird house. You can't tell that he just woke up, can you?Or that he is forcing this smile. Right?He is unbelievably proud of his little bird house, and the fact that he built it himself. Which is why I think Home Depot is great, and we will be going back next month. They have these classes monthly, and they are free. I think that's great.

This is the little backyard garden that Kenny built. I'm quite proud of him, and he is so excited it's like a little kid. I'm pretty sure I may never have to lift a finger to do anything with this garden.

4 comments:

Chelle said...

How fun! What a cute little garden for your backyard...even cuter if you don't have to do anything but eat what comes from it!

Ellen James said...

What perfect darling boys you have. Send them to Home Depot on a Saturday while you go and get a pedicure! :)

The Johnsons said...

That is not fair that your already doing a garden. I can't wait to do ours. I love the little bird box, how fun for Aiden.

Moab Cozzens said...

And a new hair cut? What are you planting in that cute garden?