Aiden's night-time prayers have evolved over time, and I almost can't get through one of his prayers without giggling.
At first they were all with help, and occasionally he would say something funny and off the wall.
Then he started wanting to pray all by himself, "I don't want any help", and it was a little memorized, something like this- "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the day, thanks for all the blessings, thank you for nursery, thanks for momma and daddy, and gramma and papa, and anyone else he had been thinking about recently, name of Jesus Christ, amen."
A little bit later he had shortened it up considerably, to "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the day, thanks for all the blessing, amen." and he would say all this as fast as he could to get it over with quicker.
So then, we had a talk with him about how we need to be reverent, and remember to say thanks for everything we are thankful for, and ask for blessings we are in need of. This has been his prayer for the last couple of nights. "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the day, thanks for all the blessings, and the ball hits the pins, and I say yes, and the bowling ball and the pins, and number 8 and number 3 and number 2, and Minnie and Mickey, and Lambie and Giraffie and Monkey and Gramma and Papa and Momma and Daddy and Momma and Daddy and Momma and Daddy and Rina and Uncle, and the ball hits the pins, and I say yes, (at this point we redirect) thankful for nursery, and our teachers (please bless. . .) please bless we can sleep all night long, name of Jesus Christ, amen!"
There were times in church when I was younger that I would just giggling, and not be able to stop for some reason or another, even though everyone is looking at you like, "stop it, get a grip!" Well, I am grown up now and hardly ever have that problem anymore, but last night by the time Aiden was done I was rolling on the floor.
5 comments:
That is hilarious! My niece Emmas prayers did much to crack us up too and then when she realized we would giggle she would try it again the next time. Silly kids!
That kid makes me crack up! What a sweetie.
That bowling story never gets old.
You don't think Heavenly Father was rolling on the floor right along with you?!
That is just plain hysterical! You need to record that. Tell Kenny thanks for calling me. I'm grateful for good friends like you guys. I'm also grateful for when the ball hits the pins...
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
haha that's so funny! I love listening to little kids prayers! He is so cute!
Post a Comment