Monday, April 20, 2009

just a little more

I promise this is the last Easter post. For this year. We did a lot that weekend, apparently, and I took lots of photos. Sunday after church Aiden wanted to see the bunnies.


These rabbits used to be pet store bunnies, but after years of living in the conditions my Dad has created for them, they are a bit wild. Okay, I should clarify that these rabbits have a pretty good life compared to the life they were originally destined for. These rabbits, in the beginning were meant as bird food. My dad helps rehabilitate injured birds-hawks, owls, big birds. The birds haven't eaten the rabbits yet, and they are now more pets than they are food, so they have stayed. Their future still isn't certain, but I have to warn my dad right now that if we come home one day and one of those bunnies is missing, it will just devastate Aiden. Anyway, the rabbits live in a cage outside on the grass so that they can just eat the grass under their cage, and they act as a lawn mower at the same time. Thus, the rabbits are a but wild, and are not easily caught. And when they are caught, they are fierce with their claws, which explains the tight grip Kenny has on that rabbit.


We set up a little "structure" to fence in the rabbit so after we let the little kids pet it, Kenny would be able to catch it again, and put it back in it's pen.


After the rabbit adventure, Aiden grabbed my mom's umbrella and embarked on another of his favorite activities, re-enacting his favorite movies. This on his from Winnie-the-Pooh. Aiden likes to walk around with the umbrella saying "tut tut, it looks like rain".


I love it when his eyes look at the camera, and I snap the photo right at the right time, it doesn't happen very often.
And all that fun was followed closely by some jumping on the trampoline.


I don't know who's having more fun, Aiden, or Kenny.
When we have this much fun in Moab, it makes it that much harder to leave. I wish we lived there.

4 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

omygosh,an eagle just swooped down out of the sky and scooped up those rabbits and flew off with them cage and all. I'll see if I can find them for Aiden's sake.

Dad

red_dwarf said...

I love the umbrella pictures! You have such a sweet little boy!

Moab Cozzens said...

Thanks to your blog your mom and I are now homeless. At least the PETA goons let us out before they firebombed our house. We are now on our way to live at your house.

Unknown said...

So the trampoline pics are MY FAVORITE!!! Love them!