Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Cyclin'

For Easter weekend we headed out to the wilderness to have our annual picnic in the rain,




complete with hot dogs,

and motorcycle ridin.

Aiden, Chase, my mom and I started out on the four wheeler while all the boys rode motorcycles. Chase and grandma didn't last long, Aiden and I scared them off at the first hill, they got in the truck and rode with Drew.

This is my Dad. He's an awesome motorcyle rider, for an old man. My Dad is a big advocate for land use rights, and recently he and his motorcycle group "Ride with Respect" took Governor Huntsman on a ride on a trail near Moab and got to talk with him one on one about their concerns. The ride and interviews were features on At Your Leisure. My sister posted the link on her website, so I stole it from her. Watch it if your interested. If you don't think land use issues afftect you, you might be surprised. There are a lot of places that my Dad took us to growing up that I probably will never be able to take my kids to, because they are closed to the public, or access is way limited. Anyway, here is the link.
My darling boys.
We headed out to the Cowboy Caves, which were actually pretty cool. It was a fun four wheeling trail too, one that all of us, the more experienced riders, and the novices could have fun.

We had a really great time. I hope we can make it a new Easter tradition.

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. Looks like a lot of fun. Seems like we never see each other anymore. We should plan something and get together.