
This is what our back yard looked like to begin with. Gross. It used to be all green and lush with grass, then we got a dog and he peed the grass to death, and tore holes in it all over till it wasn't so much grass with holes, but nasty mud dotted with the occasional grass patch.

Our bishop owns a sod farm, so we got some from him. He gave us the "ward discount" and it turned out to be practically free.
Aiden is not usually such a pansy, but he would not touch the dirt. It was kind of funny, he just tip-toed around the dirt on the ground, and only touched the dirt on the sod with fingertips to balance himself.

He and I had a talk about how he is not a pretty little girl, and it's
ok to get dirty, it's almost required for boys.

Then I threw him into the dirt with his dump
truck and he was right at home.

It made Kenny feel a lot better about things. It already bothers him that
Aiden's favorite color is purple. I didn't want his head to explode.

This is our back yard after we got all the grass clumps dug up and spread out the dirt. It looks even better than it did to begin with.

Our neighbor came over and brought his little girl with him to help.
Aiden and his little friend decided that the rows of grass made a nice running track, and they ran back and forth over and over.

One of them would yell "1,2,3 go!" then start running, and the other would stand there for a few seconds, then start running, after a pretty big delay. It was so funny. The one that called it would pretty much get to the other side by the time the other started to go.

And this is the after photo. Looks SO much better. This grass is going to be dog free. I can't wait till Kenny will let me play on it.
4 comments:
Dog free grass? Where will Toby play now? And what's wrong with purple? I had a purple shirt when I was 14 and I wore it with my brown slacks. Dad hated it, but I thought it looked great.
Grandpa C
Do you still have your dog? I'm jealous I want grass so bad.
It was so fun seeing you and your little family today. Thanks so much for letting us crash your Sunday. Aiden is adorable on your blog and much more adorable in person! Love you lots! Tell Kenny to stop worrying he changed his favorite color today. :)
Nice grass! That looks like a lot of work.
Post a Comment