We went out on the four-wheelers and down to the creek. It was really cold, but we couldn't talk Aiden out of getting in, so we took off his clothes.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Grandma's are the greatest are't they?
Over the 4th of July weekend we went up to my grandparents cabin up Fairview/Huntington canyon. I swear it gets prettier every year, but this year I'm pretty sure is the prettiest. It is so green from all the rain, and all the lakes, and reservoirs are full. We spent the whole weekend up there, and I didn't take any pictures because there were much more qualified photographers there. However, Aiden and I went back up on Wednesday afternoon to stay with my mom who otherwise would have had to stay alone (thanks Kenny, for letting me go) and I took my share of photos. It was so nice to be there alone with nothing really on the agenda, and Aiden didn't have to share Grandma with anyone.
We went out on the four-wheelers and down to the creek. It was really cold, but we couldn't talk Aiden out of getting in, so we took off his clothes.

He got all the way in, and then regretted it immediately.
He ran quickly back to the shore, right past me and to my mom, Aiden's precious grandma.
What is it about grandma's that is so special? Aiden can't seem to get enough.
We also went down to visit the horses. Man, they just seem so much more intimidating up close and without reins and saddles. Horses intimidate me when I'm riding them, but that doesn't even compare to how vulnerable I feel just walking up to them in the wide open field.
They sure are beautiful though.
See this nice little pile of toys we found in the cabin?
Much to Kenny's dismay, Aiden found this (naked) barbie in those toys, and played with it all day long. He even took it outside to jump on the trampoline with him.
Also, in the box of toys we found no less than 5 dismembered doll body parts. A little disturbing?
Here's a blurry photo of Aiden jumping on the trampoline. He loves to jump. He actually calls the trampoline a "jump". By the way, I didn't edit any of these photos because I'm lazy. They are going to have to do just how they are today.
This is the tool that my grandpa thinks is too heavy for me, and I worked it like a pro. It weighed about a hundred thousand pounds I think. Too bad my grandpa doesn't read this blog, I'll just have to print this one out and send it to him. Show him just how tough I really am. I won't tell him that it took both my mom and I one whole day to dig one whole post hole.
I went outside at one point and saw these two swinging together, how sweet is that? My mom is such a sucker for Aiden. If it gets a smile or laugh from Aiden, she'll do it. She would swing with him for a minute and then jump out of the swing landing on her feet, and Aiden would laugh hysterically. It was pretty cute.
How can one kid be so darn cute? I don't even think we are biased, because we didn't make him. I think if we just ran into him on the street somewhere, he would still be the most beautiful, amazing little kid I had ever seen.
We went out on the four-wheelers and down to the creek. It was really cold, but we couldn't talk Aiden out of getting in, so we took off his clothes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, good memories of a fun couple of days! Thanks for coming back up and keeping me company . . . and for helping me dig that post hole!
Yeah right! Like Aiden has any competition for Grandma :) - by he is a beautiful amazing little kid.
looks like a lot of fun, I'm glad he finally got his grandma for a couple of days all to himself. He sure does love her but she is a pretty amazing women. How lucky for the both of you to have a great mom and grandma
Aiden is a really cute boy. Don't you love the toys at the cabin! I think we need to get some new ones.
This has nothing to do with your blog, but I just thought I would let you know that in my Portrait photography class this week we brought in samples of our pictures we took, and the pictures that she liked the best were taken by the only guy in our class using a point and shoot. So there ya go. Just learn how to use the settings on yours.
"How can we be biased? We didn't even make him."
Yeah--I use that one all the time. And it's true.
Post a Comment