This is one very sick ear. As is the one on the other side. She's had recurrent ear infections for the last year, which I'm not even convinced have ever gone away. She pokes and pulls and digs at her ears all the time. Sometimes drawing blood. Every time I take her in to see the Dr., whether it's for a sick visit or a well visit, she has an ear infection. She is almost two, and still isn't talking because I don't think she hears well. Last time we went to the Dr., he said it was time for tubes. Hallelujah!
We took her in and got her all dressed in her OR gear.
They gave us a syringe full of tylenol and versed to give her before they took her away, so that it wouldn't be so traumatic to be taken away by strangers. It didn't take long for it to take effect.
After just a little while she was loopy and had a glazed look in her eyes. She couldn't stand up without help, and was playing peek-a-boo with me and giggling uncontrollably.
When they brought her back to us, she was sad and crying. We snuggled her the best we could until she calmed down, and fell asleep. We had to hang out in recovery for a while waiting on the anesthesiologist. Capri had thrown up in the OR when he was putting her to sleep, and he wanted to make sure she hadn't aspirated. She threw up again while I was holding her in recovery, but after awhile the yucky medicine wore off and she started slowly getting back to normal.
This is one ear that's hopefully better for good. I'm sick of her being sick all the time, and being miserable and I want her to be my happy little girl all the time. Because when she feels crappy, she is grumpy and miserable and mean. But when she is happy, she is incredible. We love her so much.





2 comments:
I can't believe she kept the little O.R. hat on her head. Hope she does better now . .
Oh no! It's so awful to have to put such little kids through anesthesia. I'm glad it went well. Clayton's been dealing with ear infections too. I hope we won't have to do tubes with him!
Post a Comment