Wednesday, January 4, 2012

new years day

January 1st 2012
For Christmas Aiden got this super cool make-your-own-volcano kit.
He's been completely obsessed with learning all about volcanos and other forms of natural disasters. He has a wall in his room that is covered in his own drawings of volcanos. And on his bedroom door he hung a sign that said "Welcome to the Volcano room". He likes volcanos.

So, he was pretty excited when he got this volcano kit, is what I'm saying. And he started begging us every day to help him make his volcano so he could start making it erupt. I promised we could do it at our New Years Eve party. That was when we found out that the plaster had to dry for 24 hours before painting it, so we waited till the next day to paint it and make it erupt.


He wanted it to look just like the one on the box, which looked very realistic.


Which took a lot of extra tools than what came in the box. Kenny made a little cutout that made it look like lava was dripping down the sides of the volcano after spray painted. And he let Aiden wield the spray paint.


 I made him hold up his finished volcano for a picture before we could go outside and make it erupt. Clearly he was not pleased with the delay.


We let him put the "soda" and vinegar in himself, so that he stunk like vinegar all day, and not us.


Pretty cool, if I do say so myself.


He was pleased with the results.


And you are welcome, for the close up :)

3 comments:

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Aiden- I love your volcano. You painted it so cool and I'm glad you have pictures so we could see it.
-Kimbrey

Moab Cozzens said...

Oh yea! I'm so glad the big volcano worked. He seemed a little disappointed with the pocket one. But I knew he would want to erupt that volcano ASAP, so I thought he needed both :)

Unknown said...

Holy moley! Aiden's volcano is AWESOME! Ours is incredibly sad by comparison HA HA! We will have to have a volcano eruption party one of these days.