Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16th, 2012


 

  A few weeks ago, Capri yanked the glasses off of Kenny's face in a typical fit of rage, and in the process  he lost a screw on one side, so one of the lenses wouldn't stay in. He was frustrated, of course, but after purchasing a repair kit with the necessary teeny tiny screw driver, the glasses were all better.

  Around the same time I had been talking to Aiden about what he wanted to get daddy for his birthday that is coming up soon. He mentioned pokemon cards, or maybe we could go get him something from the dollar store... and we left it at that. A little while after the glasses incident, he came up to me and whispered "I know what I want to get daddy for his birthday". "What?" I said. "New glasses. Capri broke his glasses, so I want to get him new ones" he told me. I kind of laughed, and told him, oh that's sweet, etc.

  The thing is, since I went from part time to PRN at work (a difference of working two shifts per week to working once per week or even less) we make enough to survive, and not much else. Right after Christmas it's really hard to find money in the budget for a decent birthday present. BUT we have all this money in a health savings account that just keeps building, that we can only use for very specific reasons. And Kenny could really use some prescription sunglasses...so we took daddy shopping for new glasses today. I wish I had been fast enough to catch the smile on Aiden's face when I told him that we bought daddy the glasses he liked. And that it's a secret, so DON'T TELL DADDY! :)

PS-those are not the sunglasses we ordered. I just liked the picture.

No comments: