I don't ever make New Years resolutions. It's not that I don't believe in making goals to better myself, but there just seems to be a negative connotation with New Years Resolutions, that most people make them and then soon disregard and forget them.
I don't like to be typical. Typically, at the beginning of a new year, people evaluate their lives and decide what they can change. I usually resolve at the beginning of a year to not change a single thing about me. Because I am great, right? Totally kidding. BUT my point is, I never make resolutions or goals at the beginning of a year for a reason. I don't want to be one of those people. I don't think someone should change just because "it's that time again". I think it's something that should come when the time is right, and when someone has a sincere desire to change.
This is that time for me. Kind of. Then only thing is, it happens to be right around the beginning of the year, so I've been hesitant to voice it, for fear of being labeled "one of them".
My new goal is a photo a day. I've known a lot of people who have done this, successfully. I've always thought it was a good idea, but it was never something I was very interested in. But now, it's something I want to do because I want to get more practice time in with my camera, and I want to get into the habit of having my camera with me and accessible more often.
For now, I will strive to do it for a month. If that goes well, I will hopefully think it wasn't so hard, and maybe I'll do it for a year. We'll see. For the record, I have started my photo-a-day challenge on December 31st, so it is not a New Years resolution. It's a random goal that I started on a day other than January 1st.
*Disclaimer-most likely, if I'm taking one photo, I'm going to be taking more than one. I've never been good at taking just one fantastic photo, so I ususally try to take a few mediocre ones. Thus, maybe some days there will few one photo, but lots of time there will be a couple. You're welcome.
2 comments:
Hooray for a photo a day!!!! I've always wanted to do that :) I can't wait to see what you come up with! Your awesome Jill.
Hooray for more than one photo! This resolution is GREAT for me :)
Post a Comment