
We decided, since roller skating went so well, to take Aiden ice skating one night for family night. There's a new ice skating rink in town, so we thought we'd better get down there and try it out before it's summer and all gone. He was so excited to get on that ice! He loved walking around with the skates on (on solid ground). We had to wait about 15 minutes for the next session to start, so he sat there like this, watching all the people skating around the circle asking every minute or two, "Is it our turn yet?"


As soon as he got on the ice though, he was dismayed to find out the his feet were "slippery" and, try as he might, he just couldn't even stand up.

We ended up getting one of these buckets and letting him skate himself around the ice, and when he got tired of that (fairly quickly, actually) we took turns pushing him around while he sat on the bucket.

I know these pictures are pretty bad-the lighting was bad, my ISO was turned up really high so that my pictures weren't so blurry, but they turned out blurry anyway, so I decided to try adding "noise" on purpose to kind of mask the blurriness. I do realize it looks pretty bad on most of the pictures, and I plan on re-editing them to look hopefully better, but there are like one or two that I kind of like the look on! (Namely the second and the last shots). I was just playing around, clearly I need to go to bed!
3 comments:
How fun! I remember when we went ice skating in provo with you guys it was lots of fun. I know he feels I had to have the stroller to keep me on my feet.
I actually don't think the pictures look bad. I thought you did it on purpose.
I haven't been ice skating since Jaicee and I were engaged, up at the Eccles Ice Center in Logan. I didn't do very well, but I got to hold Jaicee's hand a lot. :)
fun fun! btw, i think the pics look great.
Post a Comment