Here's the thing. I (we) are ready for another baby. Totally and completely, I could bring one home tomorrow and we'd be great. The thing is, the adoption agencies require a lump sum of a magnificent amount of money before they will let us bring one home. Sooo...
What I am not doing, is begging for money. That is what I am not doing.
What I am doing, is asking for help. I need some help.
This is the plan. We are going to have a gigantic fundraising effort. We are going to have a yard/garage sale some time in the future, once the adoption process gets underway a little more, and once we get some stuff to sell. Okay, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. We don't have anything of worth that ANYBODY is ever going to want. SO I am asking for donations. From anybody. Of things that you don't want or need anymore, and things you don't mind us selling for money.
Another thing is, we are making things. Crafty things that people will hopefully want to buy. So we are accepting donations of that sort as well. We are going to sell them on Etsy, and at our yard/garage sale.
So we could use some help with spreading the word. Passing it on to others that may know us, or know adoption. Also, ideas. I would love some ideas. Ways to raise money, things that we can make for cheap and sell for more, etc. etc. etc.
Anyway, thanks. I hope it didn't sound like I was begging!
18 comments:
What a great idea!! I would love to help out! Maybe I can make a few hooded towels to donate to the cause!! Will you email me your address and I will send you some as soon as I make them! :)
I want to help! But I'm not sure what I can do over here in Dever except pray for you guys. I'll keep my thinking cap on.
We will do whatever we can... let me put my thinking cap on and I'll let you know what I come up with. We'd love to have another nephew or niece running around!
Oh Jill! No one would ever think you are begging for money, and even if you did ask for money we'd all empty our pockets to help you out! I would be so excited to see you guys have another baby! I'm determined to think of some way to help you out! Good luck with this, we love you guys! - Jaicee
We want to help too! Thanks for the advanced warning. I'll be thinking and get back to you with any ideas I come up with. I think this is a GREAT idea, and I can't wait until you have another little one.
Me too, me too!!! I've got three really cute market bags made and ready to sell. A drop in the bucket compared to what you need, but if everyone puts in a few drops, we can fill that bucket!! Also, we can bring the contents of BOTH garages, the basement and our upstairs to your yard sale. Just don't tell Dad about it :)
Thanks everyone!! I am so excited about this. Jordan, prayers would be a great way to help! I should have mentioned that too, because that will, I'm sure, be the best the for us anyway!
Yard sales to really well around here, especially around the Mormon Miracle Pagent. You can use our house. That's what we did in High School to raise money for Cheer. Also, let me know when you decide on a date and I would love to make some of the things I have posted on my blog. Also, you could always make a quilt and auction it off. (Maybe you could even auction it off at the family reunion. Everyone needs a quilt!!!!
We'd love to help too! I will keep my eye out for good things to sell and/or make for you to sell. Keep us posted on when you will be needing everything to sell. (after all...what are neighbors for!! =D)
So you don't know me, but Ellen James is in my ward. She posted this link on Facebook. I just thought I would share with you a website I found a couple of weeks ago.
http://www.hair-hardware.com
They sell really cheap girl hair accesories(well the cheapest I have found). You can make headbands with flowers so quick and for really cheap (and you don't have to buy in bulk if you don't want to). I was at a boutique today and the same crocheted hats that you buy on this site for $3.50 were selling there for $8.99.
All sorts of people sell them on Etsy, So I am sure you could sell a lot if your prices were competitive. I don't know if this was the kind of thing you were thinking about making, but it just popped into my head when I read your post.
Hey do you want me to make some tie blankets?? they are always easy!!
Count us in on the yard sale and anything else we can do. I will begin some projects and cleaning out asap. I am so glad that you guys are going to do this. Great Idea!
Do you have a proposed date for your yard/boutique sale? I would love to help and I will try to come up with something cute. Love you lots Jill!
Jill!!! I haven't seen you in such a long time. Your little boy is SO darling. I can't believe how big he is now. I'm glad I found your blog so I can follow it now. Send me your email so I can invite you to mine.
Let me think of what I can make for you and I'll send some stuff down for your big yard sale.
We are here to help too. We are DYING for you to have another kiddo. A yard sale is a great idea, we would be more than happy to get rid of some stuff ha ha. I think an auction would be cool too. I'll donate ties, photography, anything. Just let me know when you want to do it :)
Jill,
Just another idea that may work...I know its a different scenario because you're not sick with cancer with no insurance. But enough people love you I think you could earn a bit. I'll post the link...they earned over 19,000 for medical bills from holding an online auction from a blog. http://www.thedailyabbott.blogspot.com/
Count us in to help you out. I have a few things to give you for a yard sale. I also like to paint and I have one canvas painted already and could paint you another picture to sell. I also like to bake so if your intrested in doing a bake sale thing let me know. We are excited for you guys!
Hey Jill
My neighbor/friend had an adoption fundraiser just a few months ago. I know they ended up asking some business's if they would donate things for the yard sale. And they got some stuff that way. I know other people/business's let them sell stuff and just donated the profit (instead of the entire item).
When I was in highschool we got local fast food places to donate give cards to their store. If they would donate them to you, you could then just sell them for face value. Just an idea.
At my friends yard sale they also had a "DONATION BOX" for people who couldn't find anything they wanted to buy but were willing to just give money. They got a bunch that way too.
Good luck!
Ashley
Post a Comment