Monday, August 3, 2009

Sea World

One of the days in California we went to Sea World in San Diego because that is something I have always wanted to do. Always.

So when we planned this trip to Disneyland, and we were going to be in California anyway, I very nicely told Kenny that we would definitely be going to Sea World one day, and that was that. So we did. And we saw all kinds of cool things. Did you know that Pink Flamingo's are pink because they eat shrimp? I didn't either till I watched the Shamu show.
This turtle is actually HUGE. You can't really tell from the photo. Aiden was SO not impressed with much of Sea World, but he was impressed with these giant turtles.
This is one of a handful of pictures I have of Aiden smiling at Sea World. He wanted to go to Disneyland, and that wasn't on the agenda for that day, so he was protesting all day.
This is right before the cute Sesame Street 4D movie. Right before he fell asleep and slept through half the day.
These are photos from the Shamu show which was the coolest thing I have ever seen.

By the way, did you know that there are like five Shamu's? I wonder if they all have different names for real, but all go by Shamu for the show, of what. I don't know, and I'm going to have to find out somehow.






One of the little rides.

And ahhh, the dolphins. I can't tell you how much I love dolphins. I probably spent half the day watching the dolphins.




We went to two different dolphin shows, and between shows we went and just watched them swim around and play.

These dolphins were amazing, I tell you. I just sat there at the glass and they would swim right up to the glass and look at me. When I put my hand on the glass they came and put their noses right up to where my hand was at.


I am SO going back, and next time I am swimming with the dolphins. I don't even know how much it costs, and I don't think I want to know, but Kenny, you better just make it happen.

3 comments:

Knutson Family said...

That is so cool. I think that dolphins are supposed to be the smartest animals on the planet after humans. I am jealous of you guys, as always. That looks SO cool.

Moab Cozzens said...

Ahh, my little dolphin lover. I used tothink you would end up being a marine biologist because of your facination with dolphins!

The Johnsons said...

My girls are looking at your blog and demanding we go back to Sea World. I'm so glad you guys got to go there it is so awesome! The Elmo adventure place wasn't open when we went, they were still building it. I bet Aiden loved it.