Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hello, from sunny California!!

For our first ever whole family vacation, we headed over to Disneyland for some fun in some less-hot sun. Aiden was so excited when we told him over a month ago that we were going to Disneyland, we had to put a sticker on the calendar every day and then count down how many days were left. Otherwise he would ask us eighty thousand times in a day if we could go to Disneyland today. And every time I went to work, he thought I was going to Disneyland without him.
We left early Friday morning, and got here in the early afternoon, and wasted no time in heading over to play at Disneyland. Our first stop, of course, was Toon Town so Aiden could meet Minnie Mouse. For those who don't know, Aiden LOVES Minnie Mouse. He loves all of the Disney characters, but Minnie is by far his favorite. I had a stuffed Micky and a Minnie doll from the first time I went to Disneyland, five years ago, and Aiden adopted the Minnie and she is now his "best friend". They do about everything together, sleeping at night and playing during the day. So, we thought it fitting that Aiden bring Minnie with him to share in his Disney experience.

He has loved all of the rides he's been on so far, with the exception of the Roger Rabbit, and the Haunted Mansion (too scary for him.) I don't know what we were thinking, but now we know. No scary rides. His favorite ride so far, was Splash Mountain. More on that to come, when (and if) we get good pictures.
Goofy was the first character that we ran into, which was fun, because Aiden was really caught off gaurd. He was so excited to see him.
This is Aiden giving Minnie a piggy back ride while standing in line to see Minnie Mouse. That was a hard one to explain to him, why we had to stand in line and wait to see her when she was just standing right there.


My Mickey picture really sucks. I took my own, you know, cause I have a fancy pants camera, and why should I pay for them to take a picture with their fancy pants camera, when I can take my own?? But then it was dark in the room and I have problems with that.
This was on the Mark Twain river boat.



Kenny and Rina with Tigger. This is for Suzy, I think she's missing her, because she's the only child left at home, and we stole her.


7 comments:

The Johnsons said...

I bet you guys are having so much fun! We loved disneyland. You know you could have stole me I would have been more than happy to come.

Moab Cozzens said...

Me too! So much fun. You know, if any of my kids had had a love affair with any cartoon characters, we too could have gone to Disneyland. Oh, wait, NOT! I forgot who I was married to :]

Knutson Family said...

I think my kids would have freaked out at all of the big live characters. (You should have seen them with the Easter Bunny.) But, That still looks like an awesome time. You guys have too much fun! No fair!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

I am so glad you posted pic. It looks like so much fun I am so glad you guys went.

Olson Family said...

Oh my heck I'm so jealous! I love Disneyland! I hope you guys are having a blast! Have enough fun for all of us!

mx said...

Those pictures are fun to see. Hope you have a fun rest of the trip!

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

so yeah, "moab" is me, don't ask :)