

And now, there are just a few things that I would like to document some things about this boy that I would rather not forget.
- At age three, he is 40 inches tall.
- He weighs 35lbs (still not even close to the biggest baby you ever saw, Dad, I'm starting to wonder how accurate your memory is.)
- He wears a size 10 shoe.
- His favorite books are...pretty much any book. Right now he loves his bug book (thanks gramma) and his Disney book (thanks other gramma).
- His very best friend/favorite toy is his Minnie Mouse doll, and no, he doesn't carry around a purse. Yet.
- He loves to play with other kids. ANY other kid. As long as they can run around, and they don't mind being chased too much, it's a great time all around.
- He loves Thomas the train, be it the tv show, or the actual train set, he loves it.
- He is scared of power poles, the bigger they are, the scarier they are.
- He loves to hold my hand.
- He knows all of his letters, in the alphabet, by sight and sound.
- He can spell his first name.
- He knows momma's phone number and daddy's phone number by heart.
- He knows the city and state that we live in, and which # we live in.
- He can count to 30+ without help, and he can count to 100 with minimal help.
- He can count objects, and he can count with his fingers, up to ten of course, then disaster strikes and he loses all reasoning abilities.
- He still cannot dress himself, and refuses to try, except to pull up his undies after going potty.
- He is completely potty trained, no more accidents. Even at night.
- He won't eat desserts, usually, except for doughnuts. He loves doughnuts, starlight mints, and Andes mints. That's all.
- He hates it when I go to work. As soon as he sees me putting on my scrubs, he begs me, "please don't go to work", and when I tell him I'm sorry, I have to go to work, he tells me "I don't like your work." And I tell him I don't like my work either.
- He'll drape a tie or a belt around his neck (like a stethoscope) and tell me "I have to go to work" and when I say "Aiden, please don't go to work" he tells me "I have to go, momma". It makes me sad.
- When I first wake up in the morning, or when my hair looks the worst, he'll tell me "your hair looks beautiful, momma". And I believe him.
- He's beginning to learn about adoption, and what it means. He knows Kimberlyn is his birthmom, that he grew in her tummy and then came to live with us so we could love him and take care of him.
- He's the sweetest kid I know. He's so tender hearted, he hates it when there is contention and fighting. He doesn't understand when things are not fair. He doesn't like to see people sad.
- He will do almost anything for a laugh. He loves to tell jokes, and make funny faces.
- Every once in a while something will strike him as funny, and it's hilarious to watch him giggle. He has the greatest sense of humor.
- He is the cutest little boy. People still stop me everywhere we go and tell me how cute my little boy is. Usually total strangers. And I tell them I wish I could take credit for that, but that's just how he was sent to me.


5 comments:
That list was beautiful and it made me cry. I hope you printed it and saved it somewhere. By the way, I noticed the power poles and now I'm scared of them, too!
And by the way again - that wasn't Dave who said the above, it was me, Gramma Cozzens
What a cute and smart little boy!
Just read it again . . still made me cry.
He is a sweet little kid. So happy to be close to you guys.
Post a Comment