He had a great birthday, an exceptional one, as none of his other birthdays have been spent at Disneyland. We got up early Tuesday and got there right as the park opened, and what do you know? There were characters everywhere. And we had to stand in line to see all of them. Donald was first,
then Minnie, and Aiden hugged her so tight that she had to pry him off to face him in the right direction for the picture.
He learned really quickly that at Disneyland, you can't just run right up to the characters and hang out for the day, which is what he would have loved to do. You have to stand in line, and wait and wait, then you get a quick turn where you stand in front of the character, and then as quick as it came, your turn is done and you are forced to just walk away.

I was happy to get a better Mickey picture.

This is my favorite Disneyland ride, Casey Jr.
This is the cool patchwork quilt made of different colored flowers. I thought my mom would like this.

This is Aiden right before we went on Space Mountain. As you can see, he just can't even contain his excitement. We told him it was going to be a fast, up and down ride like Splash Mountain, and he was sold. He loved it.

He enjoyed himself on the beach for a few minutes, and was excited about playing in the water, but the second he got knocked down by a tiny little wave, he was done. Didn't want anything to do with the ocean or the beach anymore.
So Kenny watched him while he pouted, and Karrina and I went and played in the water.
I'll bet the California people were like, "hey look at that shockingly white girl with brown arms, what planet do you think she came from?
Kenny took all the pictures of us playing in the ocean, and I don't know if it's his photo skills, or if I really just look stupid all the time, but once again, he captured some priceless facial expressions on me. I'll spare you this time, these shots are the better ones.
We had a really great time, and overall I think Aiden had a pretty great birthday.

4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIDEN! Wow! What an awesome Birthday to spend it at Disneyland. Every kids Dream. I've been wondering if he went on Space Mountain, that was the best ride ever according to Ryan and my kids.
Happy Birthday little buddy. Now I'm going to HAVE to go to Disneyland just to ride on those two rides. But they will probably be gone by the time I make it there.
I want to see the other "splashing in the waves" pictures, Jill. Come on...
Happy Birthday Aiden! I can't believe it's already been three years. What a fun vacation for you guys to take.
Post a Comment