Friday, January 9, 2009

Stuff about 2008

I stole this idea from Michelle and her sister, it is a "things I did in 2008" list. I couldn't really figure out where they got their numbers from, so I just did as many as I could think of. My mom and sister also did a "favorites in 2008" post, and because I want to be just like them too, I'll post a few of my favorites.

Things I did in 2008:
  • We celebrated our fifth year of marriage
  • and Aiden's second year of life
  • Went to Mesa Verde for our anniversary vacation. It was the first anniversary vacation we ever went on, so it was kind of a big deal.
  • I read all of the Twilight books and watched the movie. Liked most of the books, not so much the movie.
  • Read 18 books
  • Worked full time for three months while my husband was out of work.
  • Worried a LOT about, apparently, nothing
  • Bought my first fancy pants camera and got two new lenses for said fancy pants camera.
  • Learned what aperture means (kind of)
  • Took lots of blue pictures, till people told me how to fix it.
  • Started my very own blog
  • Took Aiden to see Disney on Ice
  • Voted for the losing team, John Mccain and Sarah Palin
  • Sent Aiden's "rags" off to the sky with lots of balloons and got rid of them forever. Aiden still asks for a "clean rag" sometimes.
  • Had a live in babysitter for two weeks while Kenny's sister Karrina came to stay with us. I wonder if she'll ever come back.
  • Took Aiden camping in a tent
  • Enjoyed the opening of our community center and went swimming there 47,000 times
  • Made my first ever "by myself" quilt
  • Bought Aiden his first big boy bed and potty
  • Potty trained Aiden in less than a week-or, I should say, Aiden potty trained himself in less than a week.
  • Bought and used our first "liberal tree"
  • Joined a book club, and though I have read all of the "required" books, I have yet to go to a meeting.
  • Went trick-or-treating with a monkey
  • Lost and FOUND lambie. Quite a few times, actually.
These are a few of my favorites from 2008:

Favorite place to eat: like Michelle, Texas Roadhouse. The ribs. The rolls. The everything. It's just delicious. Yum.

Favorite movie: Hmmm, I know I saw some movies this year. I'll have to come back to this one. Hmm. Still don't know. I guess nothing really stuck out.

Favorite book:I know it's sad, but I'm going to have to say Twilight. The first book.

Favorite new toy: My camera of course! Photography is sort of my new favorite hobby too, but I'm not that good yet. I have a long way to go before I will be shooting "awesome" photos of things and people, but I'm loving the learning. Most importantly, I AM learning!


Favorite photo that I, my very own self took-

This one. You've seen it before, his face makes my heart happy.

Favorite new treat:
These lovely little delights make my heart happy too. Does anyone know where I can get more of them? Anyone? Anyone?

And my favorite song of 2008 is . . . I love to see the temple. It is Aiden's favorite, so it is my favorite. It's not one that I heard for the first time in 2008, but it is definitely my favorite this year.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Very cute list! The number is for how old you turned that year. So next year I'll have to do 25 in 2009.

Unknown said...

my oh my I love that picture of Aiden that you took.

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

Didn't like the twilight movie huh?

I too still love the picture of Aiden. Your putting that camera to good use.