These lovely little guys are Aiden's nighttime pals. He's had Monkey (yes, they all have names as original as Monkey's) since his very first Christmas. Giraffie was meant for Aiden's little brother, Kendall, but Kendall didn't come to us, so Giraffie became Aiden's. To Aiden, Giraffie is just another stuffed toy, but for me, Giraffie is the only tie Aiden has to the brother he almost had. And Lambie is the newest comer, Aiden got him for this last Easter. He's the current favorite, and he's missing at this time. Poor Aiden's little heart is broken. I'm sure he's in our house somewhere, so Gramma's don't need to ransack their houses looking for him. Since Lambie is MIA, Giraffie has taken the temporary spot as Aiden's favorite. Luckily he has so many stuffed friends to comfort him when he needs it (like his rags, these guys can comfort him better than I can sometimes, whether I like it or not).One of Aiden's current favorite songs, that he and I sing over and over all day long, is the one that goes "Oh where, oh where has my little dog gone, oh where oh where can he be?". Aiden calls it "Dog Gone", but lately he and I have been wandering around the house singing a different version. Ours is similar, and goes "Oh where, oh where has our little Lambie gone, oh where, oh where can he be?"
2 comments:
Well, I looked in Aiden's bed here and no Lambie :(
Maybe he is protesting for a new name....???
Post a Comment