
Today is my handsome, sweet husband's birthday. I bought him a gun for his big day, in honor of the face that his birthday falls on the same day Barack Obama gets inaugurated into office as President. Seemed fitting. I gave it to him (he actually bought it himself with my permission) a couple of days ago, so I wanted to write him a little note on his big day.
Happy Birthday sweetheart! I love you, and hope you have a great day. We've been through a lot together, good and bad, and thank goodness it's all just made us stronger as a couple, and we love each other so much more because of the challenges we've faced. I love my life with you and Aiden. Thank you for everything you've given me, and for all the happiness we've shared. We have a good life. I love you.
By the way, neighbors, did you see the fire truck pull up in front of my house today? It's not anything to worry about. I was cooking a chicken (boiling a chicken, how do you burn a boiling chicken this bad?) and I fell asleep when Aiden went down for his nap because I've been sick. Don't judge me. I woke up to all of the smoke alarms in our house going off. The house was filled with THICK smoke. I can't believe it didn't wake me up! Now, when we first moved into this house, this guy came to our door and talked us into getting an APX alarm system. Everything was free of charge, it was a promotional thing or something, we just have to pay monthly for the service. How stupid are we? So we signed a three year contract. Three years! Anyway, one of the features is a fire alarm that is monitored by the alarm company, and if it goes off, they dispatch the fire department. I wasn't a big fan of that, but they always call first, when it goes off, and make sure it's legitimate. Well, they called Kenny's phone today, when the fire alarm went off, and he didn't answer, so they dispatched the fire department, THEN they called my phone, and by the time I told them it was a false alarm, it was too late to undispatch them. So at least I was informed before hand, that the fire department was coming to my house. How embarrassing!! The smoke alarms were still going off as we stood out in the front yard (in our pajamas, I've been lazy and have now paid for it) as we explained to the nice firemen that there was in fact, no fire. They were very nice, and even offered to bring their big fans into our house to blow out the smoke. I declined, because I was SOOOO embarrassed. I took the opportunity to introduce Aiden to the nice firemen. I think he liked it. What an adventure! So, neighbors, sorry if we scared ya. It scared us too.
6 comments:
Well, you'll always remember THIS birthday of Kenny's . . .
I once was boiling some eggs for breakfast and left them on the stove until the water dried up and then they exploded all over the kitchen. But I didn't get a fire truck or anything cool like that!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENNY!!!
I LOVE YOU MAN!!!
Happy Birthday Kenny! Enjoy your gun because with Obama in now- you probably won't be able to buy another one EVER ha ha! Also, I actually did see the firetruck and it freaked me out until I noticed they weren't in any kind of hurry. I'm glad everything is ok. I almost caught our house on fire a week ago on Zanders birthday. I was making him birthday cupcakes and forgot they were in the oven and they cooked for an hour and a half. They looked like charcoal briquettes! It's so comforting to know that we are almost burning each others houses down ha ha!
Happy Birthday Kenny! I loved your fire story, sounds like something I would do.
Happy Birthday Kenny. Daniel is wondering why you didn't tell him all about what kind of gun you got Kenny. (I explained that most of us don't really know enough about guns to care:)
About the firemen, look at the bright side. At least you know the system you are paying for works!
Post a Comment