Aiden graduated from Kindergarten on May 21st, 2012.
We were all so excited for it, but nobody was more excited than Aiden.
He cannot wait to go to first grade. He's so ready.
After I got Aiden off to the bus, Capri and I ran to the store to get some balloons and doughnuts for Aiden to celebrate his achievement. Which was why we were just a little tiny bit late. We actually got there right as they started singing their first song, and that's about when I started to cry.
He just looked so cute and so grown up up there singing his song. I started out taking pictures, then took some video of the other songs they sang later (which I have been trying to upload for three days now, and it will not) but I wish I had gotten the first song on video too.
It was something about a rooster, and in the song they would all go to sleep, then the rooster would "cockadoodledoo", and they'd all WAKE UP and sing. It was the cutest thing ever. I hope I never forget Aiden's funny faces.
Here, they're asleep.
Then, the rooster did his thing, and they woke up, and Aiden found me.
The rest of the time, he sang just for me.
I can't put into words how much I love him.
One of the songs they sang, was something about going on a bear hunt. "We're going on a bear hunt. We're gonna catch a BIG one. With big green eyes, and a fuzzy little tail." And when they got to the "fuzzy little tail" part, they all wiggled their bums toward the audience. All except Aiden. I knew why he wouldn't do it, but I asked him the other day, why he wouldn't wiggle his bum when every one else did. "Because it was too silly for me, mom".
Yup, that's what I thought.
Luckily, Kenny was able to come too,
and see Aiden and keep Capri occupied so I could get some pictures.
Then after several super cute songs, they handed out diplomas.
Woohoo!
All the kids drew a picture of themselves, and here is Aiden with his.
There was no mistaking which one was his.
I love how self-aware this kid is. He knows he's brown, and all of his friends are white,
but it doesn't bother him one bit.
Aiden and his cute teacher, Mrs. Thornberg.
Leaving the school for the last time as a Kindergartner! (Ok, not really. They had one more day of school after graduation. I know, weird, right?)
My giant, graduated big big boy. It's funny to look at pictures of him with the rest of the kindergartners, he's huge compared to the rest of them. He likes to say "I'm five, but I'm almost six. I'm as big as a seven year old, and as smart as an eight year old!" It's pretty much true. I love him so much, and I'm so so proud.
If I ever figure out how to upload the super cute video of their song, it will be here. If I never can, then what the heck good does it do to take videos of your kids anyway?












2 comments:
yeah, so I wondered why they had the tallest kid in the school in the front row - they must have lined them up alphabetically?
So cute! And I want to cry just thinking about Peyton being in kindergarten, let alone graduating! :)
Post a Comment