Capri, or as we sometimes call her, Miss Priss, is growing faster than I feel comfortable with. She will be eight months old in four days, and I can't fathom where those eight months have gone. Luckily for me though, she just isn't in a hurry to grow up, so the baby stage is lasting longer. Aiden, by this time, was huge and crawling all over the place. Capri, however, is barely mastering the sitting up skill, and has no interest is starting to crawl. I am SO just fine with that. She yells and babbles and da-da-da-da-da's constantly, and laughs at Aiden whenever he comes into her field of vision. She still loves her pacifier, though doesn't need to be sucking at all times like she did before. Now, if she's awake and in a playing mood, she'd rather just play with it and fling it places and make us fetch it. She's somewhere around 16 pounds, 24 inches last time we measured, and is a little ball of energy. She loves to sleep still, and in addition to sleeping all night, takes at least two good naps during the day, the afternoon nap stretching 3-4hours on a good day. She is a solid food champ, LOVES to eat real food, and hasn't said no to anything we've tried to feed her. She is dying to try soda, I can tell because she goes crazy whenever one of us has a colored drink. But she'll settle for water, and surprised us with how well she drinks from a cup.
She still has her freaky belly button, (umbilical hernia) which blows up like a balloon when she is mad. (My mom used to tell me that my belly button did that, and I thought she was exaggerating, but nope, Capri's does it too.)

Most of all, she is a happy, happy girl (with a slight temper) and we love her oh so much.
5 comments:
Posting pictures of playing outside on practically green grass is just rude!
But otherwise, Capri is so cute and I need to see her again soon.
I agree with Kimbrey! It is so sad that they grow up sooo fast, it makes me so sad. She is such a sweetheart!
3 out of my 4 kids have had the herniated belly button, all my girls for some reason. Fallyn's has been the biggest. I see it getting better, but hopefully it will heal itself like my other 2 girls did. It's pretty common. Capri is adorable, and I still adore her name!
Don't mess with the temper. A girl needs a slight temper!
She's gorgeous and it's wonderful that she's growing so healthily! I want to meet her!
Post a Comment