He's got this new Thomas game on the computer that he is in love with. Kenny taught him to use a mouse, and by doing so he created a monster. He is SO good at using a mouse! We have to limit his computer time every day cause if we didn't he'd spend hours playing this game.
And this is right before school. I was taking pictures of him because I wanted one of him before he got his hair cut later that afternoon. But alas, I still haven't taken the after photo so I'm just posting this as is, cause he's so stinking handsome.
I never really understood before how parents can love two children and not have the love that they have for one take away from the love for the other. If that makes sense. I used to see mom's with their two or three kids, and think "there's no way she loves that obnoxious 5 year old boy as much as she loves that sweet new baby girl, I don't care what she says." Then I was a mom with a little boy that I loves more than anything, and I knew no amount of sweet little girls could change that. I was so worried about being able to love another baby as much as I love Aiden, I just didn't believe it was possible. Yet, there I was with this brand new baby girl, and I didn't love my thee-almost-four-year-old any less, if it's possible I loved him more. And that baby girl, I loved her like she was mine. I'm loving them both more every day, and neither is taking away from the other. It's amazing to watch love double and grow each day, each hour, each minute without breaking into little tiny pieces. I think I'm starting to understand a little how it happens, yet, I still don't know that I could ever love another as much as I love them.
3 comments:
I am always worried that a "favorite" will emerge, but my mom used to tell me that it is totally natural to identify with different children at varying levels throughout your life. It doesn't mean the love is less or more, just that it's different. I have seen that.
Jill,
That was beautiful!
And then you start to realize how Heavenly Father can love each one of His children unconditionally and equally without favorites, whether we are brats or Bishops. Motherhood is pretty awesome! And you are so good at it :)
Post a Comment