For the 24
th this year we had our Johnson family reunion, for which, I was the Queen. Johnson family reunions are not like other family reunions. For ours, we all (all extended family on the Johnson side) head to my grandparents cabin and we "camp" for the weekend. There is always a horse ride, a "talent show" (in which every family is expected to perform something, anything), and a big, giant, ridiculous, death defying hike on the last day. This year was no different. Except that I didn't have my trusty sidekick (aka:Kenny) to help with keeping track of two children. Thus, there are very few pictures. Saturday morning I was wrangled into going on the horse back ride from hades while my mom watched my kids. Four excruciating, bumpy hours later we were back at the cabin in time for lunch and the marshmallow gun fight.

After the marshmallow war we headed down to the conveniently placed Girl's Camp
amphitheater for the TALENT SHOW!! It was the best one yet, minus my humiliation which was WAY too familiar, and reminded me WAY too much of a particular high school assembly.

Sunday we went on the death hike, during which I died, quit half way through (I had a good excuse, my baby was hot and hungry and screaming, but I quit nonetheless), and I lost track of my son. Someone else kept track of my son, but I lost track of him and I hated that.

Capri and I got to hang out with my Dad for a while though, and it was nice. After the delicious
barbecued pizza lunch, we headed off on our long drive home. Over all, a
successful reunion and a fun weekend. Can't wait till next year!!
2 comments:
Well, sadly to say.... you have more picture than I do (minus the ones I have of Cassie's family. And I think I will just copy and paste your description of the weekend, minus the part about being queen. I'm just not THAT cool. :)
After that death defying hike, I couldn't walk for two and a half days!! I wish I would have quit with you, haha!
Post a Comment