Imagine you are scared of these giant power poles. Every time you walk down the street and come within 50 feet of one, you get so nervous and agitated that you have to turn around and go home. Forget walking
past one, they are just too
scary. And if your mom tries to get you to confront your fear and takes you up to touch one, you start to kick and scream and convulse, knowing that approaching one means almost certain death.

If that's the case then, of course when you see one of these-you're understandably shaken. Maybe you just close your eyes and cover them with your hands as you drive past. Luckily, when you see one of these you're usually in the car because these ones aren't just hanging out on the street corners, like their smaller relatives do. Also lucky, is that while these monsters probably can move, and surely do when you aren't looking, cars are faster. So the chances of outrunning them with a car are pretty good. Just don't, by any means, get out of the car.

If all of that is true, then, what do you think would happen if you saw this, an army of giant power pole monsters marching at you as you drive past Richfield? Wouldn't you be scared too, wouldn't you too, start to cry as you covered your eyes and just hope that a car can outrun these even bigger, even more menacing, giants?

Good. That means Aiden isn't alone in his fear of power poles. I wonder what we should call this phobia. Powerpoleaphobia?
6 comments:
I love this post! So well written and cute.
Oh, poor boy! Aren't kids so funny? I don't think I could help but just laugh at him crying because of a power pole. Well, good luck helping him get over that! :)
yeah, don't get out of the car and DON'T LET THE CAR RUN OUT OF GAS!
Oh THAT was hilarious! Nice, Jill. I can't even believe that the kid is scared of power poles...
I believe you need to document one of these "encounters" on video. For posterity.
So, how would he feel about the giant wind turbines at the mouth of Spanish Fork canyon?
Oh poor kid, I have never thought that a person would be scared of that. He is too cute!
Oh that is sad. I just love that boy he is so cute and funny.
Post a Comment