
A long, long time ago, Kenny, Aiden and I went up north to see Garrett (Kenny's brother) off at the MTC, and we stayed with Kimbrey and Daniel (my sister and her husband). They recently moved into this darling little duplex, in a little rural area right in the middle of the big city. There were horses in the field right by them, and we spent some time over there looking at the horses because Aiden LOVES horses. He wanted to ride them really bad, but as they were not our horses, I thought it best we didn't.
He was a little timid at first, wanting to touch them and feed them, but not wanting to get too close. After not too long, though, he wasn't nervous at all and even let that horse lick his hand!!
All you horse people, you know who you are, you people that have horses, and ride horses all the time, and even some of your kids have their very own horse (which, by the way, I have always wanted my very own horse, but then, where would I keep it?) it probably seems very silly to you that I have dedicated an entire post to pictures of my child feeding a horse. Well, that's the kind of person I am. I post about some of the strangest things, don't I? I do, I know I do. These are the things I like to look back on.
See how close his hand is to the horses mouth? That is actually a big thing, because in the beginning he would just get the grass near the horses mouth and then drop it, and the poor horse would have to try to catch the grass in midair, and he would get less than half of the grass that was dangled in front of his face.
I hope Aiden always has this wonderment for things that he has now. Like how he is in awe of big horses, and how much he loves to see the moon. Like when he hears his favorite song (it changes every day) and just starts to belt it out in his big, out-of-tune but also surprisingly in-tune voice. Like when he sees a sunset, or a pretty landscape view in the distance and stops, looks for a minute, then he says "it's SO pretty!", or when he looks at me and out of nowhere says "mommy, you look SO beautiful!" I love how much he loves music, how he can sit at the piano with me for hours and sing songs while I play them. I love how he can look at me, even for just a second, but when I catch a glimpse of his eyes I just about get lost in them forever.
5 comments:
Darling pictures! Isn't Kimbrey lucky to live there in the country, right in the middle of the city? So fun.
That is just the sweetest post. And horse people like pictures of cute kids feeding horses too :)
Isn't it fun to see life through Aiden's eyes?
Isn't it fun to see life through Aiden's eyes?
Aiden is so cute! I'm hoping to see you guys at the family reunion. We might have to get Aiden on a horse, so he can see how fun they really are :)
Post a Comment