Thursday, June 25, 2009

the home-made kind of fun

WAY back on Memorial Day, we went to a barbeque at a ward member's house. This family has lots of boys, and these boys made up most of Kenny's young men's group. At the time of the barbeque they were about a week or two from moving to a whole new town far far away, so they invited friends over for an evening of fun, and they so graciously included us, because Kenny was their young men leader, as I have already explained. Right now you're probably banging your head against the wall thinking, why does she keep repeating yourself? Well, I'll tell you. I don't get a lot of sleep.

ANYWAY, we went and we had a lot of fun. They had all kinds of things to do, including a large pen full of bunnies (probably at least 25 bunnies total in the pen, including baby bunnies to hold and cuddle, I had to restrain myself or I would have taken three of them home with me), balls of all kinds to throw, a giant sand box with tools for digging . . .
We even buried a KID! Aiden thought that was great, but he wouldn't let us bury him.
And the there was this fancy contraption.
Like a teeter totter for the extreme. It was homemade by the boys in this family, and they were pros at it. They demonstrated their talent with this thing, and I was impressed to say the least. They didn't just teeter totter, they rolled that thing around while they were on it!
And even the little kids loved it. They didn't roll it over while Aiden was on it, of course, but he still loved it.
I might as well explain at this point that this post is going to be a bit rambly, and I have found no way around it. I'm a bit sleep deprived.

You're probably wondering why I post so many pictures that seem to be the same, with slight differences. It's because I pick my favorite pictures, then usually can't narrow it down from there, and should I really have to since it's my blog? So then I just post them all. Also, I haven't had time to edit pictures in a while, so these pictures may now be amazing, but by golly they are all right. And I love the face in them.
That smile is worth everything isn't it?

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

That is a pretty cool teeter totter. You guys always seem to have so much fun!

Moab Cozzens said...

Yup, a little bit sleep deprived you seem to be. Your post was too funny. And I don't think you can ever post too many pictures.