Sunday, August 24, 2008

Another great weekend!

Saturday we were invited to join our friends/neighbors for a fun day at the lake. It was pretty lucky because we were looking for something fun to do. We headed out in the morning and the weather was perfect. A little hot in the sun. It didn't take long before we needed a little cooling off, but we had a haphazard tarp on poles shelter set up, and it felt great in the shade.

Aiden, apparently, loves it at the lake. Aiden and Kenny had just been out to the lake on Wednesday for a combined YM/YW activity while I slaved away at work and they had a blast.
It was even better this time, because there were a bunch of other kids to play with, and Taylor's family brought fun toys which Aiden was happy to put to use. And because I was there this time. I'm sure that had something to do with it.

We had brought Aiden's four wheeler with us, and he rode it once, then pushed it around for a minute then was done with it. The other kids loved it though, and I'm glad it got used.


The water was a really nice temperature, and Aiden had fun jumping and splashing in it. The waves from all the boats kind of freaked him out though, and quickly ran to dad.

Another thing Taylor brought that Aiden was excited about was his mom (Taylor's mom). There must be some kind of grandma vibe that all grandma's have, and Aiden is totally drawn to it. He wouldn't leave the poor woman alone! She was great about it though, even though there were lots of kids that were her actual grand kids there.

It's been a while since the last time we went to the lake, it was nice to get out and do something fun with friends. Thanks Taylor and Ruby for letting us crash your family outing, we had a great time.

5 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Wow, a fun trip. Actually, it just looks hot to me, but the water looks fun. And that cute little Aiden! Remind him who his real Gramma is and that I won't be easily replaced!!

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

What lake is that? Looks like so much fun!

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

Looks like fun. It's this time of year I wish I was living in the south

The Johnsons said...

Looks like such a fun thing to do on a hot day. I always loved going to the lake, how lucky are you!

Taylor and Ruby Ricks said...

It was a ton of fun at the lake thanks for coming.