Kenny is first counselor in the young men's presidency, and he went camping this weekend with his boys, so Aiden and I are just hanging out tonight. I promised him early in the day that we would go to the park after we went to the grocery store, and when it cooled down just a little outside. Of course he doesn't forget anything, so all day long he "reminded" me that he wanted to go to the park. After we went to the store and stocked up on all sorts of necessities, and after we had dinner, we went to the park to play.
I didn't really prepare for the splash pad, the only thing I had was a water diaper, but that was ok cause he barely got wet, except by accident. I don't really get it, put this boy in any body of water and he is at home, but with splashing water, he is very careful. See how he is just right outside the splash zone? He didn't really get much closer than that.
Except for right here, where I talked him into touching the water. Here he is, trying to reach the water without actually touching it.After the park, we went and got some ice cream and came home to have a bath. It was almost like Aiden's perfect evening. If only we had popped popcorn it would have been heaven for him. Now I am sitting here in my room watching this amazing lightning storm, and waiting to see if the thunder will wake up Aiden. So far so good!
1 comment:
You guys stayed home all alone?!! Good job Jill and Aiden!! It sounds like fun, wish I could have come:( Drew also went camping with some friends, so Dad and I had a weekend alone. We went out to dinner, Fiesta Mexicanna, yum! And then went to the new Batman movie. First date night for us in . . . I don't know, but today I'm painting the bathroom. The color - Burnt Sienna . . . (wince). Kind of scared, but how bold of me, huh?
Post a Comment