Saturday, June 1, 2013

the beach

We hung out on the beach on day 2, the day after we
arrived at the beach house.
 
 
It was cold, but so so fun!
 

The little boys had so much fun running away from the waves that kept coming in.
Aiden thought the sneaker waves were the best, and thought it was hilarious
when one would almost get him.
 
 
Capri hated the beach, and wanted nothing to do with the sand, or the waves, or the cold.
Kyle was nice enough to hold her for a few minutes while I got some pictures.
 
 
I'd put her down for a second, but she'd just cry and cry.
 So she ended up being held most of the time.
 

 
Daddy did get a couple of smiles out of her though, by going into the water
 and letting the waves wash over his shoes.
 

 
Here are the little boys running from the waves again!
 
 
I love that Aiden was old enough to really appreciate the ocean and
the beach. He loved it.
 

Sweetest moment between these two cousins.
 

 
Playing jump rope with seaweed.
 
 
I got her to walk on her own for a few minutes,
these few may be the only pictures I have of her on the beach.
 

 
My mom taught her to draw in the sand with a stick,
and that kept her preoccupied for a while, so she forgot about
how much she hates sand and water and cold and walking.
 
 
It meant that we moved a lot slower, but I didn't have to carry her for this
stretch, so it all evened out.
 

 
Try not to love her. I dare you.
 


 
That's my mom out there on the dangerous part of the rocks,
way past the fence, and the sign that said "DANGER: do not go beyond this point".
Risking life and limb, just for a picture.
 
 
Now these guys, they live life on the edge. Just beyond the edge, actually.


1 comment:

Moab Cozzens said...

That is so unlike me to disobey the rules and do something a little bit dangerous. And when hat sneaker wave hit me, it was kind of thrilling!