I haven't seen her sweet smile in days. She's been so sick. Neither of my kids have ever been this sick, so I have been a bit frantic. We've had to hold her down quite often and suction her out so that she can breathe. When the bulb syringe won't do, we take her to the bronchiolitis clinic and they deep suction her. It's torture for both of us. We've taken her to the doctor twice. They probably see much sicker babies than mine, which is why they're just not too concerned. But I was concerned, because for three days, she slept. The rare moments that she was awake, she was completely listless. She's not eating. For one whole day she would not eat a thing. The next day she tried a little, but everything came back up. Her already tiny little body is getting smaller...with no food going in or staying in, she's lost weight. So far today, she's had half of a bottle, and I'm hoping it stays put in her tummy. Her fever, which she had for three days off and on, is gone. She's breathing better, but still is wheezy and raspy, and oh my goodness, snot is everywhere. Right now, she's sitting up and playing, both of which she hasn't done in days. She's doing better. Much better, but I'm still not done being worried about her. Man, this parenting stuff is exhausting.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
oh I miss this smile
I haven't seen her sweet smile in days. She's been so sick. Neither of my kids have ever been this sick, so I have been a bit frantic. We've had to hold her down quite often and suction her out so that she can breathe. When the bulb syringe won't do, we take her to the bronchiolitis clinic and they deep suction her. It's torture for both of us. We've taken her to the doctor twice. They probably see much sicker babies than mine, which is why they're just not too concerned. But I was concerned, because for three days, she slept. The rare moments that she was awake, she was completely listless. She's not eating. For one whole day she would not eat a thing. The next day she tried a little, but everything came back up. Her already tiny little body is getting smaller...with no food going in or staying in, she's lost weight. So far today, she's had half of a bottle, and I'm hoping it stays put in her tummy. Her fever, which she had for three days off and on, is gone. She's breathing better, but still is wheezy and raspy, and oh my goodness, snot is everywhere. Right now, she's sitting up and playing, both of which she hasn't done in days. She's doing better. Much better, but I'm still not done being worried about her. Man, this parenting stuff is exhausting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh it is so hard when your babies are sick, its even harder to see them being held down at the bronchiolitis clinic. We did that for a month straight with Nyah twice a day. It was horrible. I hope she starts to feel better soon!
:(
Poor Capri. Tell her we said to get feeling better!
Oh that is so so sad! Poor little Capri. That pic of her is completely adorable!
Oh, my! I know how you feel! Good luck with it all, and don't forget to take care of yourself, too!
Post a Comment