
We got to spend some time camping in this beautiful canyon this weekend, and the best part is it was only about 15 minutes from our home.
We went on Friday afternoon and spent a little while hiking around and finding cactus. Aiden is obsessed with cactus, whenever he sees cactus from the car he screams "CACTUS!!!". And we see a lot of cactus.
This is Aiden spotting yet another cactus. The desert was full of them, go figure.

We spent some time taking pictures of each of us with Aiden for our adoption scrapbook page. We have a lot of pictures of Aiden, but not much with either Kenny or I.
This is what I did most of the day, I had worked all night Thursday, and didn't get much sleep on Friday before we left, so Kenny set me up and little bed under the picnic table so I could rest. I spent more time reading than sleeping though.
And Aiden spent a good amount of time playing with Henry (one his his Thomas engines). Kenny spent most of his time running around setting up the tent, getting the fire started, and cooking our dinner. I was being really bossy.
After Kenny got the fire started, I took over. I was the fire builder, and I am SO good at that job. I took his nothing fire and turned it into a scorcher.

There were these little hills right next to our campsite, and Aiden climbed all over them. He scared me a little, but he seemed to know his limits, if he got up very high he'd either climb back down, or scream like a banshee till we got him down.

Daddy helped him get up into this little hole way up in the rock. I loved being right there in all those red rocks. Made me feel right at home!
Then on Saturday after we packed up all of our stuff, we went hiking around up the canyon. There was a trail that went up the canyon along the creek, and there were these little swimming holes along the way (just like left hand mom!). Needless to say, we did not go swimming. It was a warm day, but the water was like ice.
It was SO pretty.
This is the first little swimming hole (I don't actually know if you can swim in it, but there were no police saying NO, so I don't see why not).
There were some very pretty sites along the way, including this cool tree growing right on the ledge of rock.
We had such a great time! We'll definitely be back!
9 comments:
JEALOUS!!! My favorite areas to hike and camp are right in your back yard.
looks like you had a fun "adventure" as Aiden likes to say!! haha that spot is way way pretty i want to go there sometime and play in that water it looks fun!
Looks like so much fun! I can't believe your camping in March.
Where is that?
Okay, so I know that we were out of town this weekend, but why were we not invited? We would have loved to come with you.
Looks like you guys had plenty of fun though!
CAMPING?!?1?1? We're still getting snow! Looks like a fun little spot though!
I can't believe you are already camping. I wish it was that warm here. Looks like a beautiful spot. I so miss the red rocks up here I am jealous. you guys are such a cute family.
Kenny went HIKING?!! Looks fun :) I can't believe you're reading The Lovely Bones. I almost had to walk out of the movie. Too disturbing for me.
I can't wait until we can go camping! Are you still trying to sale stuff? I have some time off from school here in a couple of weeks and was going to make some things. If you are still planning on doing some things let me know.
Post a Comment