About three or four weeks ago, we were wandering around Target, and Aiden spotted a Thomas train toy that he just HAD TO HAVE. He asked if he could please have that "cool Thomas toy", and we told him no, he would just have to ask Santa Clause if he would please bring him one for Christmas.
So then he started asking several times a day if it was Christmas yet. When do we get to see Santa? We told him first we had to have Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then after that, it would be Christmas time and we could see Santa and ask for the cool Thomas toy.
After Halloween was over with, he started going through all of his stuff, asking me "who gave me this book?" "Who gave me this toy" "Who gave me this shirt?" And I'd tell him who gave that particular thing to him, then he's reply "I want to tell _____ thanks for the book, toy, shirt, etc!" And I thought that was great, so we gave him all the opportunities we could to let him say thanks. One of the things was the tool bench Santa got for him last yeasr, and he wanted to tell Santa thanks for the tool bench. I thought it was a great idea for him to tell Santa that he was thankful for the things he had gotten him, so I told him that when he sits on Santa's lap this year, he can tell him thanks for the tool bench, then ask him for the cool Thomas toy.
After he had gone through most of his things and said thanks to most of the people for what they had given him, he came to me and said "Momma, is it Christmas time yet?" It had been a while since he had last asked me that, so I said "no, remember I told you we had to have Halloween, which we did, and then we have to have Thanksgiving before we have Christmas."
And he looked at me and said "but it IS Christmas time, because I had Halloween and then I had Thanks-for-giving!"
I laughed and laughed.
6 comments:
That is great. I am glad you wrote that story down. He is such a smart kid to come up with that on his own.
Haha! That is too funny and he is WAY too smart.
I can't believe the beauty of his logic. Aren't children's minds great?
What a kid.
You are in trouble little girl. That boy is way too smart. Someday he's going to get the best of you!
I love this story!
Can't argue with that.
haha he's so smart! Thats way cute!
Post a Comment