It was about a month ago...
I took the kids and headed up to the mountain, to meet my family
and hang at the cabin for the weekend. It was the best thing to get away and be
able to see all the colorful fall leaves.
We had a great view right from the back porch of the cabin.
Maybe it's because I live in an area that doesn't really have "Fall". Where we live,
the leaves don't really turn colors, they just turn brown and fall off the trees.
All in a matter of one or two days.
So to be up there, with Fall all around, was so wonderful.
I couldn't stop taking pictures of the colors.
And the sunshine.
While the bigger boys went with Gramma down to the creek to play, Capri and I went exploring. I pretty much just followed her around. We'd walk down the road a little way, then Capri would decide we were too far from the cabin, so she'd turn back.
Then we went the other direction. It was easier this time to decide when to turn back,
because she wouldn't cross the cattle guard.
She loves her "pack pack". I make her carry her own stuff around in it.
Diapers, wipes, binks and toys all go in her back pack and she gets to pack it around.
Since all the bigger kids were gone, she had the trampoline to herself,
and she discovered that she loves it.
I put Capri down for a nap, and the kids had gone with Gramma to play in the gravel pile
down by the horse corral, so I went on a little nature walk to soak in all the pretty colors.
Chase let Aiden borrow his sock (that he found outside) to fill with rocks. And he took his job seriously. He wouldn't even smile at me.
Capri and Brody, jumping on the trampoline together. Capri was content to just lay
there and let Brody bounce her around. It's the same thing she does on bounce houses :)
It didn't matter how many times Brody's mom washed his face, he always had this
dirt mustache. He sure can rock it though!
They also spent a good amount of time playing with Capri's princess car.
Capri thought it was great to have Brody to push her around.
The next day (the day we had to leave) we headed down to the corral to play again.
The kids loved playing around in the corral and on the gravel pile that was right by it.
Capri mostly just enjoyed opening and shutting the gate.
This picture makes me laugh every time!
Every time one of the kids would get close enough to my dad, he would lift
their shirt over their head. So, with gramma's help, they all ganged up on him at once.
And they triumphed, and Chase was the only casualty :)
Aiden and my dad, gravel fighting. Aiden thought it was so funny :)































3 comments:
I LOVE that we made that trip on last time before the end of the season. So much fun!! But I didn't remember that we left you alone so much. :( Going to have to pay more attention.
I miss the cabin :( At least we get to see you guys more than twice a year!
I'm so sorry we missed it. Looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment