Wednesday, April 11, 2012

another first

One Tuesday not too long ago, (specifically it was the 3rd of April)
we were sitting around at dinner, and Aiden was complaining about his tooth hurting.

I took a look in his mouth, wiggled his tooth and declared it loose.

I was a little flabbergasted, and overwhelmed,
because he's not old enough for losing teeth. Not yet.


The next day at breakfast, he complained again, but it wasn't really any more loose.
Kenny told him that if he wiggled his tooth every so often, pretty soon it would be ready to come out.



He came off the bus later that day with a hole in his smile.
I had a mini heart attack. He looked like he had been in a bar fight or something.

He told me about how he had pulled out his tooth in school,
and about how it bled, and his teacher helped him get a tissue and put his tooth in
a baggie.


That night the Tooth Fairy came and brought him two dollars. She wanted to just bring one, but
since his little friend Addi had gotten three from her Tooth Fairy recently, she decided to compromise. What can I say? She must just really love this boy.

2 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Ahhh, such a cute little bar fighter :)

Kimbrey-Daniel said...

I'm so glad you have to hit all these milestones first, by the time Chase hits them I'm a little more prepared.