In our family, we do all kinds of hunting. Well, Kenny does anyway. The only hunting we do all together, as a complete family, is our annual Christmas tree hunt. It's the best kind of fun. This year, I was anxious about it, because it seems like we didn't really have much time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we picked a day and headed out intending to get a tree that day NO MATTER WHAT. The problem was, we didn't get out there till 3:00 in the afternoon, so we only had a couple of hours of searching time before dark.

Didn't stop us though! We just frantically searched the mountain, almost settled for some rather unfortunate trees, and just as we started to get desperate, I turned to one that looked somewhat promising, and I asked Kenny what he thought of it. As I headed toward it, I caught sight of a tree that was the perfect shape and size, and seemed to have a glow around it. Kenny and I both at the same time, said "hey, what about that one" and "Oh, that's it!" So, we chopped it down with another half hour to spare before we would've been hunting in the dark.

Aiden was a BIG help tying it to the top of our car. (In my head, that sentence was said with some sarcasm.)

This baby was a trooper during our hunt, only losing her cool on the trek back to get the car after we found the tree. She had dropped her pacifier in the snow, but she blamed me. It all turned out ok though, after we got back to the car and found a replacement.

Oh how I love these two kids!

I have SO many pictures of Aiden peeing in SO many places. It's probably completely inapropriate that I'm posting this photo...but I've already posted all the other ones, so oh well.

Our beautiful tree after we got it home, stood it up, and decorated it. (It appears to be tipping in the photo. Don't worry, it's been a little on the crooked side from the start. I'm 92% sure it's not going to fall over.) It smells even better than it looks!
5 comments:
Oh my! It's a beautiful tree, but then, you're a beautiful family, so why not?
Hello, i found your blog while visiting the Gibbs blog. Beau Gibbs is the brother to my good friend Jamie Coy. I am writing to ask about your adoptions. if this is too personal, i apologize, and by all means ignore this comment. My daughter is having a difficult time getting pregnant and they are looking into adoption, We live in New York, outside of Palmyra. Do you have any recommendations as to who to work with(agency) or any advice to help them in their search to start a family? thank you so very much for any info! My blog is www.nogreaterjoymostdays.blogspot.com and my daughter's is www.adventuresoncottagelane.blogspot.com
wow that is the perfect tree. you lucky people. I remember searching and searching for the perfect tree and finally giving in to what ever you can find. you did a great job.
Jill, you always have the greatest photos!! Those two little kids are SO adorable and even kind of look alike! Good luck with the Christmas tree this year!
That one was Jaicee, this is Jordan. Jill you crack me up taking pictures of Aiden peeing everywhere. If I had a little boy, I'd do the same thing. And someday, when he's a teenager, he's really going to appreciate the fact that you have these posted on the internet for everyone to see.
And hey, did you get a new lens for your camera, because I see that you are able to get the entire tree in the frame this year!
Post a Comment