Tuesday, November 16, 2010

respite

In the true fashion of waiting for a week after events happened to blog about them, here I am posting about our week long vacation in Moab. We went a couple of days after Halloween, and came home the middle of the next week. It was actually a really fun week. Kenny was Elk hunting, and Aiden, Capri and I stayed with my parents and just hung out. For the most part, we played around my parents big yard, climbing trees and jumping on the trampoline, riding the roller racer and swinging in the horse swing.


My mom has taken on the task of creating everything for Capri's sealing and blessing day events, so we had to take a trip to the big city to get fabric for the perfect dress. My mom sewed with mad skillz and got the dress done and ready for us to bring home, and so far I've resisted the temptation to put it on her a thousand times a day. She could ruin it SO FAST!







Kenny and his dad came into town one morning (apparently they only cook breakfast on the mountain in an emergency) and took Aiden back up the mountain with them to hep them find where the elk were hiding. That was the only day they didn't see anything. Poor Aiden. So Capri and I headed up the mountain to their camp to hang out with the boys and then bring the kids home when it got dark and cold.





Aiden roasted marshmallows while he waited for the dinner to be cooked.



And Capri is the queen of relax. She just chilled in Poppa G's arms by the fire.

One of the last days, after Kenny was tired of hunting, we spent the day wandering Main street playing "tourist". It was a fun, happy day spent as a family, and in it's own dorky way, it was special for us.






I had Karrina (who stalked us and found us in a store) take a picture of us on Main street. Weird as it is, I love this hippie town. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've been in any of those stores in my lifetime, but it's the streets and the feel of the town that I love. It's my home.







I forced Aiden to sit down by this Kokopelli dude for a picture, but I did not ask him to talk to the statue, nor did I mention trying to play his flute.


And here are the bunnies Aiden was smitten with all week. I wasn't supposed to let the cat out of the bag that these bunnies even existed, but these pictures were to cute not to post. Sorry Dad.



And Aiden went with my dad to work for the day, and he got his own tape measure to wear on his pants. He looked so cute with it on his hip.


If only we could have stayed longer...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if it's because it's 12:30 in the morning, but I was laughing so hard I was crying over the picture of Aiden playing the flute on the kokopelli statue! Thanks for the good laugh Jill. I know I can always count on you :)

Chelle said...

How fun! Love the picture of you and Capri.

Justin, Emily,Nyah & Anastyn said...

Sounds like such a good time! I love your pictures, such a beautiful family!!

Moab Cozzens said...

What a fun week! We need to do that once a month.