There is usually a big paintball war between the adults, so while the big kids are off playing, we organize some fun games for the little ones. I organized a marshmallow war, with marshmallow guns, Michelle did a fun game involving children, nylons, oranges, full body contortions and a big ball. It was awesome to watch. And this was Kimbrey's game, it was a big hit. Digging in a pile of sawdust for treasures!
Aiden didn't really get the point, he just sat in the middle of the pile and threw sawdust around. He found a light stick, and a box of candy on accident, and he was happy with that. Kenny and I tried to help him out a little by handing him things we had found, but once he had his candy, he was done.
This is the awesome new teeter totter that Jay built, and so far it is still standing.

My darling cousins. They're actually grown up now, but I will always think of them as little girls. Aiden ADORES Talisha, the one on the left. I don't know what we will do next time we go to Moab and she isn't there.
Aiden makes an awesome cowboy, don't you think? Every year we have a family "talent show" which basically means each family gets up in front of the rest and does--something. Anything. People grumble and complain every year, but I think it really is a good way for us all to have some organized fun, all together. It is the only time for the whole weekend that everyone is there, participating.

My darling cousins. They're actually grown up now, but I will always think of them as little girls. Aiden ADORES Talisha, the one on the left. I don't know what we will do next time we go to Moab and she isn't there.
Aiden makes an awesome cowboy, don't you think? Every year we have a family "talent show" which basically means each family gets up in front of the rest and does--something. Anything. People grumble and complain every year, but I think it really is a good way for us all to have some organized fun, all together. It is the only time for the whole weekend that everyone is there, participating.Our family performed the song "Cow Patty". Hence the cowboy.
Kenny used to be the biggest grumbler of all of them, and would never participate in our family's "talent", which was usually singing some song. But, as he said, "after six years of being in the family, I learned you don't have to have talent to participate in the talent show". So he and Kyle performed the song "If I had a million dollars" by the Bare Naked Ladies. I want to kick myself for forgetting the video camera. Needless to say, it was pretty funny, but I'm pretty sure I was laughing harder than anyone else.
On Sunday we went on the annual major family hike, where we complained, whined, got sunburned and sore. It rained, like torrential downpour, for half of it, which made it feel like an authentic Johnson family hike. Aiden actually did pretty great. He walked a great distance of it, which is pretty good for him, a boy that loves to be carried. And I think I did pretty great too, I carried him a great distance of it too, (along with several other people) adding 33lbs to an already pretty intense hike isn't easy on a little flabby girl like me. Thanks to Dalen who ran home, uphill with him after it started raining and he started screaming.
Kenny used to be the biggest grumbler of all of them, and would never participate in our family's "talent", which was usually singing some song. But, as he said, "after six years of being in the family, I learned you don't have to have talent to participate in the talent show". So he and Kyle performed the song "If I had a million dollars" by the Bare Naked Ladies. I want to kick myself for forgetting the video camera. Needless to say, it was pretty funny, but I'm pretty sure I was laughing harder than anyone else.
On Sunday we went on the annual major family hike, where we complained, whined, got sunburned and sore. It rained, like torrential downpour, for half of it, which made it feel like an authentic Johnson family hike. Aiden actually did pretty great. He walked a great distance of it, which is pretty good for him, a boy that loves to be carried. And I think I did pretty great too, I carried him a great distance of it too, (along with several other people) adding 33lbs to an already pretty intense hike isn't easy on a little flabby girl like me. Thanks to Dalen who ran home, uphill with him after it started raining and he started screaming.All in all, I'd call it a success. Now we'll spend all year recovering, just in time to do it all again next year.

4 comments:
I love that last picture (the one on your blog header). I agree, that family reunion went by way too fast and we had way too much fun. Happy Birthday today! We just got back from the cabin (again) and I don't dare call you because it's late and I don't know how your work schedule is right now, but hope you had a great day!
It was so nice to see you. Its sad we only get to see each other once a year. I love Aiden in the cowboy picture. He is such a cutie! Happy Birthday by the way!
I've got to post my reunion pictures. Every time I think of Kyle and Kenny's song I start laughing. I think we rocked in the talent show this year :} Loved the picture of Aiden with Tory and Talisha!
The family reunion was fun! It was good to see you guys again!
Post a Comment