Thursday, October 28, 2010

football or kung fu?

Aiden just finished up his last football practice for this year. We had signed him up for the Start Smart football program, and they had a group for 3-5 year old kids. He wasn't very good, but neither were any of the other kids. Probably just a way for the city to make some easy money.

They actually taught them some of the basic fundamentals of football, like how to hold the ball, how to throw and catch, and kicking and punting. It was way too cute watching him try to kick it, and catch it.


Though he rarely actually caught it.
This is coach Carlos teaching him how to punt. This was the best one to watch. If the grass hadn't been wet, I would have rolled around in the grass laughing.

In stead of dropping the ball, and then kicking it, he tried to lift his leg up to meet the ball, and practically tried to kick it out of his hands.

Which resulted in what I like to call, the kung-fu punt.

5 comments:

The Johnsons said...

oh I love it. Way too cute!

Unknown said...

Ok I laughed out loud at the last picture! I love that boy!

Moab Cozzens said...

GET HIM SOME FOOTBALL SHOES!! That's what's missing here. He could punt if he had football shoes : ) : ) : ) That last one IS a great picture.

Jayson, Jenifer & Peyton said...

What a stud! I love that last picture. He looks like he is having so much fun!

Anonymous said...

You should have called it "kung futball"